Friday, March 9, 2007

Palette and Clapotis

When the yarn arrived this week that I had ordered at Judy's from Smatterings and I then saw this pattern at the Knitty Spring 2007 I knew right away what to make of it .
It is called Palette, here is the link http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring07/KSPalette.html Even though the yarn that I have is not like the yarn in the pattern I thought it would work for it. What do you think of it ? Shall I continue ?

I have only done a few rows so far, but you can already see all the lovely shades of blue in it.It is merino/silk and slightly heavier than laceweight, this color is called "Aegan". I am knitting on size 8, 5 mm. straights. I also bought 3 skeins of another color, called Peony. Alreay wound into balls !

And here is another project going along : Clapotis, the mini version of it. Started last week with Lanas Puras Melosa in Fingering Weight, color Sunset. The yarn is thinner than called for in the pattern but with a few more additions in the increase section it is not too small. This will not be very thick or wide scarf, and that is just what I wanted it to be. I want to make a full sized one after this, because it is such an easy knit. I can watch TV and knit, so I will save this one for the evenings. Other patterns which require more attention I will mostly knit in the daytime, upstairs in my spare room, with only the rabbit hopping around...


Here is a picture of Clapotis with in the foreground one or our Phalaenopsis Orchids which we grow for a living. So these are paying for my yarn I guess.










This one is standing in my livingroom and its flowers are almost 5 inches wide ( 12 cm ) In total it has 25 flowers and a couple of bulbs that are not open yet. Georgeous !!!

And look what I got in the mail today ! 3 hanks of lovely colored variegated Prism Lace Wool, colors from left to right are: Antique, Sierra and Fog.


No comments: