Saturday, March 3, 2007

I've won a prize !!

I won third prize in a contest on http://www.oneplanetyarnandfiber.com/. I feel so lucky I won because normally I NEVER win something when I enter a contest. the prize is a 15% discount on my next order, so now I will have to think hard and long what to choos
I ordered some lovely yarn from them :Lanas Puras Melosa in laceweight and fingeringweight
It is a 100% merino wool from Uruguay and is really very soft. The two skeins in the back are fingeringweight , color Sunset. In the front left is laceweight Truffle and the one on the right is Rose Sand. It is very hard to catch the colors but the laceweights have very subtle shades of colorchanges.



I finished my FIRST lace shawl last week, the Forest Canopy Shoulder Shawl, from http://ma2ut.blogspot.com/2006/09/forest-canopy-shoulder-shawl.html . It took about two weeks from start to finish , but I didn't block it untill I had some blocking wires. I had never blocked something before so this was quite a challenge for me. I think it turned out quite nice if I have to say so myself. Please judge yourself......




It was fluttering in the wind, so it was hard to take a picture but this was the best way to get the color right.
The yarn I used is Sea Silk, color Amethyst. It took a little less than I skein to knit this, I added
two more repeats to the original pattern, maybe I could have added one more but was afraid to run out of yarn. Detail of the edging.

No comments: