Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Taking a break

My blog is just over 1 year old now, and as much as I like to read other blogs I feel less compelled to blog myself lately. So, I decided to take a little break.
Some of you continue to check my blog now and then but nothing is happening here LOL !
I will be reading and commenting on your blogs though and if you want to see what I'm up too, you can always check Ravelry and maybe leave me a comment there if you like, I'm blackbun over there.


Now I won't leave you without some pictures now !
I spun some beautiful soft grey merino/alpaca/silk roving into this fingering weight 2-ply yarn.
The picture does NOT do this justice because it has silver sparkles in it which don't show here.
It's almost like the yarn Nancy describes in this post on her blog !
I love it ! I also started to knit something with it, my first selfmade yarn knit up, that's so cool !
It's a simple lace pattern for a little scarf, only just started so I can't make much of it yet.
The roving was from Enchanted Knoll, 3 oz and 377 yards.

Here is another handspun project, I'm making a cowl (since everyone seems to make one nowadays) of roving bought from Allspunup. Not finished yet either. Seems like a case of startitis here.

And yet some more handspun, now it get's boring doesn't it ?

This is from 80/20 merino/tussah silk which was buttery soft . I have no idea how much yardage I have here, I lost count when I was winding it on the niddy-noddy. Yeah counting can hard sometimes.

So for now I will leave you with this. I have had such a good time with you and want to thank you for al the kind comments you have left here. It's greatly appreciated !

Wishing you all the best,

and keep on knitting !!!!!!!!!!!!

10 comments:

Sereknitty said...

Oh, I'll miss your blog posts, Marianne! Although I was pleased to read that you'll still be in touch via our blogs and also Ravelry. I've always enjoyed your photos and posts. The yarn you recently spun is really lovely!

Rachel said...

I'll miss your blogging, too! I'll try to keep in touch via Ravelry.

That is some gorgeous handspun stuff you've got there. I've always wanted to try spinning, but for now, it's out of the picture (too many little inquisitive fingers about).

knitspot anne said...

oh marianne such beautiful spinning! another reminder that i need to get back to this important thing in my life . . .

Oiyi said...

Awww...sorry to hear that you won't be blogging. But everyone needs a break every once in a while.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous handspun yarn, Marianne! So fine!

And what a coincidence...that grey handspun really looks like "Morning Mist"... It is exactly that color!

Good for you to take a break. Blogging is really time consuming!

Just wanted to let you know that I really like your blog and I am going to miss your posts. I will keep track on what you are working on through Ravelry.

Danielle said...

You know, I totally respect your choice to take a break from blogging. It can consume a lot of your time to blog. But I do have to say that I will miss your posts, an I'm so glad you'll still be visiting blogs and ravelry. I'll try to remember to check in with you there.

Seems like my blogging is slowing down a bit myself, and that's okay too right?

You're yarn is all so yummy in all the beautiful pics. I've said it before here and other places, I do wish to at least try out spinning one day. Talk to you soon Blackbun ;)

Anonymous said...

Jammer hoor dat je voorlopig niet gaat bloggen. Maar ja: het moet wel leuk blijven en je moet je niet verplicht voelen. Als je weer zin krijgt om te bloggen kun je het altijd weer oppakken.

Mooie garens laat je zien, het breiwerk ziet er ook goed uit.

Sarah said...

Going to miss you. You'll be back, right?

Love that handspun. Toooo gorgeous!

Life's a Stitch said...

Hope your break is going well.

Anonymous said...

Marianne, your spinning is very uniform and lovely. You have the knack for spinning fine yarns.

I too will miss your postings, the pictures and tidbits of your life in Holland, yet I understand how blogging can be an unnecessary weight. You need to follow your heart.